on the establishment of the COBISS.net network and the free exchange of bibliographic records, created in autonomous library information systems of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Republic of Macedonia, Slovenia and Serbia
- The parties to this agreement confirm the interest of libraries, which they represent, to link the autonomous library information systems of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, Slovenia and Serbia in a way that will enable the participating libraries to download records from any of the COBIB union catalogues in COBISS.net.
Bibliographic records which are created by libraries in their union catalogues can be downloaded (copied) by libraries from other countries into their local and union catalogues for
the needs of cataloguing of library materials without limitations and without any financial compensation.
The above mentioned possibility and right do not refer to bibliographic records which libraries have created by downloading records from other catalogues and databases (e.g. from OCLC) on the basis of special commercial agreements.
Bibliographic records for serials which have been created by copying records from the international ISSN database can be downloaded only with prior consent from the ISSN Centre in Paris.
- The parties agree that they will mutually co-ordinate basic cataloguing rules for use in the construction of catalogues which will ensure the required compatibility of bibliographic records, created in autonomous library information systems on the COBISS platform.
- The parties to this agreement confirm an interest that all the libraries in COBISS.net use the uniform COBISS3 software for interlibrary loan.
- Institute of Information Science, Maribor, undertakes to ensure, by means of further development of the COBISS software for shared cataloguing, the possibility to download records in compliance with this agreement, and assumes the co-ordination of activities related to the realization of this agreement.
- This agreement is concluded on a permanent basis, possible changes, amendments and its termination are to be based on decisions mutually accepted by the parties to this agreement.
- This agreement is drawn up in English and in the languages of the parties to this agreement.
Belgrade, 27 February, 2003
Rasim Prste, Director
COBISS Centre, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
(on behalf of the libraries, participating in the COBISS.BH System)
Cedomir Draskovic, Director
Central National Library of Montenegro "Djurdje Crnojevic", Cetinje, Montenegro
(on behalf of the libraries, participating in the COBISS.CG System)
Borko Zafirovski, Director
National and University Library "St. Kliment Ohridski", Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
(on behalf of the libraries, participating in the COBISS.MK System)
Tomaz Seljak, M.Sc., Acting Director
Institute of Information Science, Maribor, Slovenia
(on behalf of the libraries, participating in the COBISS.SI System)
Sreten Ugricic, Director
National Library of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
(on behalf of the libraries, participating in the COBISS.SR System)